Making Every Effort To Win From The Beginning

Personal Injury: South Carolina Negligence Law

The Law Offices of Gedney M. Howe, III, P.A., serves clients in Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties who have been victims of personal injury caused by the negligence, wrongful acts or misconduct of another.

The firm’s lawyers believe in representing clients so that they may continue to repair their lives and return as closely as possible to the lifestyle they once knew. When this is not possible, the goal is to ensure that future medical care and lost wages are reimbursed through a personal injury recovery settlement.

How Negligence Works In South Carolina

A personal injury claim arises when a victim is injured by someone who acted negligently. Negligence is an essential element of a personal injury claim or lawsuit – if negligence or intentional harm did not occur, a claim is not valid.

In South Carolina, negligence is proven through these elements:

  • The person who caused the injury owed the victim a duty of care.
  • The person who caused the injury failed to carry out that duty.
  • The victim suffered damages because of the failure to carry out that duty.

The Law Offices of Gedney M. Howe, III, P.A., works with clients to help show the courts the elements of South Carolina negligence. The firm’s attorneys extend these skills to all subsections of its personal injury practice including auto wrecks, trucking accidents, product and premises liability, medical malpractice, state or federal tort claims and wrongful death.

Contact A Trusted Personal Injury Law Firm

If you or a loved one is the victim of catastrophic injuries that you believe are caused by someone else’s negligent actions or inaction, you may have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit. Serving Charleston and the surrounding communities, our lawyers will help you determine the best strategy for obtaining the compensation you deserve. Please contact the firm’s office immediately. Send an email through this secure website or call 843-722-8048 for legal help.